Sunday, December 27, 2015

What happens when you ask three Alabama players if Nick Saban has a softer side?

Photo: Ian Halperin/CBAA

   Talk about being put on the spot! Alabama players were asked during Sunday's press conference if coach Nick Saban has a softer side that isn't seen by the media and public. Here are their responses:

QB JAKE COKER: I don't know. When I was younger, I thought he had no personality whatsoever. Thought he was a mean guy. But, no, getting to know him and being around him, he's pretty hilarious. And he's fun to be around, and he's a lot different than he is sometimes portrayed on TV.
RB KENYAN DRAKE: Yeah, I think he's really a comedian, honestly. But sometimes how he is, you know, his personality sometimes you don't know, like, you know, if it's appropriate to, like, laugh or not. So you'll kind of sit there and look around and he's up there smiling saying "Okay. It's cool to laugh."
WR RICHARD MULLANEY: I'd say the biggest thing is just – he's funny, just all the stories he has that he's told us. And kind of what Kenyan said, you never know when if you should laugh or not just because – I don't know, because sometimes how he tells a joke, he's just, like, straight-faced. But, yeah, once you see him give that little smile, then you're like, "All right, I can laugh."

No comments:

Post a Comment