Wednesday, January 5, 2011

LSU's Miles answers Michigan questions

LSU coach Les Miles could not avoid questions about the job opening at Michigan at the AT&T Cotton Bowl's head coaches press conference Wednesday.

"I have received no contact from Michigan," Miles said. "Michigan will be fine. There will always be a Michigan. Speculation is not factual. My focus is complete. We're preparing to play a great A&M team and that's my want and desire."

Miles has strong ties to Michigan as a former player and assistant coach for the Wolverines. His name has come up in the past when the Michigan position was open.

Press conference moderator Peter Irwin tried to discourage questions about Michigan, but they were unavoidable since Miles will likely be unavailable to the media until after Friday's Cotton Bowl game.

"I have no real view of anything but what I'm doing right here," Miles said. "I don't think anybody has any reason to be concerned in any way. Let's just go to practice and enjoy this week and go on."

No comments:

Post a Comment